(May 2023) New Instructions for newly manufactured Puff/Foam: Both of these methods have been recommended by the Korean mfg. Most of our material has not converted to the new process and the colors that have will be marked with a label.
Option 1 - Press at 300~310F, 12-15 sec.
Option 2 - Press at 300~305F for 4 seconds; Peel liner and press for 6-8 seconds.
Original Instructions: Heat Application for 3D Puff Vinyl:
Time: 10 Seconds
Temperature: 280 - 300 F / 150 C. Does not work with Cricut Easypress or Hand Iron
- A laser thermometer always should be used to confirm the actual temp of your press. A large % of presses are 20+/- degrees different than the LED will show.. Most HTV materials are not affected by these temp swings but puff vinyl will be affected by higher temps.
Pressure: medium consistent pressure. Teflon pillows work well
Peel: The backing will pop off from the foam's growth.
- This 3D puff vinyl is more sensitive than most HTV's and will change in different environments. If getting wrinkles in the material, generally your press is too hot. Less temp seems to be better than more temp.
- Gold and Silver 3D puff vinyl seem to do better at lower temps (aprox 280-300) than the other colors, Need to test in your environment for best results.
- If getting wrinkles after press, this generally means your press is too hot.
REMINDER: ALWAYS DO A TEST CUT AND TEST PRESS with 3D puff vinyl, so as not to waste material or garments. Puff vinyl is far more sensitive to heat than standard HTV materials. Many heat presses in the market do not display accurate temps on the LED screen.
Cutting Instructions for puff vinyl:
- Make sure color side is facing downward (Shiny side face up)
- Mirror the image
Do not dry clean
Machine wash WARM / mild detergent
- Iron from backside
No chlorine bleach and no fabric softener
Wait 24 hours before first wash
- Turn garment inside out